Carbon Ceramic Brake Discs: An Overview
Carbon ceramic brake discs have revolutionized the automotive industry by offering numerous advantages over traditional iron discs. Composed of carbon fibers embedded in a silicon carbide matrix, these discs excel in handling high temperatures, reducing unsprung weight, and providing consistent performance under extreme conditions. Triton, a leading name in brake technology, has pushed the boundaries of innovation with their Gen 3 Carbon Ceramic Brake Discs.
Gen 3 Technology: The Evolution of Strength
The Gen 3 technology by Triton revolves around the process of 3D bonding of long carbon fibers in the brake disc's structure. This breakthrough technique marks a significant advancement from the previous Gen 2 discs and contributes to the impressive strength and lightness of the Gen 3 version. Let's dive into the key elements that set Gen 3 apart:
1. Long Carbon Fibers: Unlike Gen 2 discs that utilized shorter carbon fibers, Triton's Gen 3 brake discs employ longer carbon fibers. This enhancement translates to improved load-bearing capabilities and enhanced mechanical properties. The elongated fibers act as structural reinforcements, reducing the likelihood of microcracks and enhancing the overall structural integrity of the brake disc.
2. 3D Bonding Process: The 3D bonding process is the heart of Triton's Gen 3 technology. During manufacturing, long carbon fibers are intricately woven into a complex 3D network within the silicon carbide matrix. This meticulous arrangement creates a stronger and more resilient composite material, ensuring that the brake disc can withstand immense stress and extreme temperatures during aggressive braking maneuvers.
3. Enhanced Lightness: By utilizing longer carbon fibers and optimizing the 3D bonding process, Triton has successfully reduced the overall weight of the Gen 3 brake discs. Lighter brake discs offer multiple benefits, including improved vehicle handling, reduced unsprung weight, and increased fuel efficiency. This contributes to a more agile and responsive driving experience, especially in high-performance vehicles.
Performance Advantages of Gen 3 Carbon Ceramic Brake Discs
Triton's Gen 3 Carbon Ceramic Brake Discs have been meticulously engineered to deliver a host of performance advantages:
1. Superior Braking Performance: The Gen 3 discs exhibit exceptional heat dissipation properties, preventing brake fade even under the most demanding conditions. This ensures consistent and reliable braking performance, essential for precision driving and track use.
2. Extended Service Life: Longer carbon fibers and the robust 3D bonding process increase the longevity of the brake discs, reducing wear and tear. This translates to a longer service life, ultimately leading to cost savings for the vehicle owner.
3. Weight Reduction: The reduced weight of Gen 3 brake discs significantly contributes to improved acceleration, cornering, and overall vehicle handling. Drivers can enjoy enhanced agility and responsiveness without compromising on safety.
4. Corrosion Resistance: Carbon ceramic brake discs are inherently more resistant to corrosion than traditional iron discs. Triton's Gen 3 technology further enhances this property, ensuring a longer-lasting and visually appealing braking solution.
Triton's Gen 3 Carbon Ceramic Brake Discs represent a remarkable leap forward in automotive braking technology. With their innovative 3D bonding of long carbon fibers, these brake discs achieve unparalleled strength and lightness, making them one of the best options available in the market. Drivers, Motorsports Enthusiasts seeking superior performance, reliability, and longevity for their high-performance vehicles need not look further than Triton's cutting-edge Gen 3 Carbon Ceramic Brake Discs. Upgrade your braking system today and experience the future of automotive precision and safety.
These are available as direct replacement for your OEM CCM brake discs or as an upgrade that can be used with your existing calipers.
Available for almost every modern high performance car.
Price is for a set of front and rear discs.
Turn around time is about 65 days.
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your needs.
Carbon Ceramic Brake Discs
Only Unopened/Unused rotors may be returned.
A 20% restocking fee + shipping cost applies.
1year / 36,000 miles (whichever comes first) against manufacturer defects.